Have you heard the news? Aspen Skiing Company Buys Intrawest Resorts, Including Winter Park For $1.5 Billion! Click here to read the story: Aspen Ski Co Buys Winter Park Ski Area
When Vail Resorts announced they were buying the Park City ski area they experienced what they call the “Vail Effect” real estate prices shot up and just kept going. We believe we will see a similar “Aspen Effect” here in Grand County. Please see this link to a great article about the Vail Effect. Click here to read the story: Vail Effect
The face of Winter Park and Grand County are changing quickly as billions of dollars in investment and new development are already underway. Currently our new natural foods grocery store is under construction along with a new community/convention center, new retail space, and downtown affordable housing. In addition, we have multiple housing developments underway that will bring over $500 million in real estate to the market. Click here to read the story: Winter Park Area Development
We believe Winter Park is a particularly good investment at this time for the following reasons.
- Winter Park is the closest major resort to Denver
- 2,000 new people per week are moving to the Denver/Front Range
- Many of these new residents are discovering Winter Park driving up vacation rental bookings and property values
- Condo prices up 9% year-to-date
- Single Family Homes up $21% year-to-date
- Vacation rentals trending up 48% over last year
- Winter Park is easily the most affordable major resort town in Colorado
- Providing plenty of room for growth before it becomes directly competitive with other resort areas
- Aspen Ski Co. just completed their $1.4 billion acquisition of the Winter Park Ski Area
- Developers are pouring $100’s of millions into development and town improvements
- Winter Park is the only ski resort in North America with the potential for airport to resort train service.
Buyer activity remains very robust and inventory remains low. Due to high sales volume, inventory is unable to build and prices continue to climb. New construction is underway, and developers are selling out pre-construction.
If you are considering investing in a mountain property, we believe there has never been a better time to buy! Winter Park and Grand County continue to be the most affordable resort area in Colorado with plenty of room to grow. A few years from now, there will be lots of people wishing they would have bought in 2017!